Jeannette Johnson Staff Professional Development Fund
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
Appropriate uses of this fund: All unclassified and support staff can apply to receive funding for professional development. This development may take the form of:
- Conferences, workshops, and seminars, both on and off campus, including registration fees and travel expenses (priority will be given to applicants presenting at conferences as opposed to solely attending)
- Funding for special projects such as research and publication
The committee will NOT Fund:
- Computer Hardware/Software
- Journals or Books
- Memberships to professional organizations
- Training required by a department to fulfill one’s position responsibilities
- Speaker Honoraria
- On-line courses
- Tuition and fees
- Only KU members represented by Staff Senate are eligible, including full-time and part-time individuals. (Status is as of time of submitted application).
- Staffers must be employed by KU for 6 months or longer.
- Individuals with temporary appointments, as well as those on leave during time of travel, are not eligible.
- Preference will be given to first-time applicants; past award winners are ineligible for 1 year.
- Please note this application period is for travel to be completed on or before 03/31/2018.
Award Size: Awards range in size, with the maximum amount per award set at $300.00. If funding is awarded, recipients will be required to complete necessary KU travel forms prior to travel. This account uses state funds; awardees must follow state guidelines for travel.
Awardees will work with their department or Shared Service Center on reimbursement, and departments will receive funds from this account for the awardees’ reimbursement. There will be no retroactive reimbursements.
This funding is meant to complement departmental funding. All applicants must ask their respective departments for funds, but are not required to secure them to be considered for Staff Senate reimbursement. Graduate students must also note whether they are eligible to receive funding from Graduate Studies’ Graduate Student Paper Presentation fund.
A completed application consists of:
- application form,
- written proposal,
- travel worksheet,
- supporting documents (e.g., conference brochure, timeline of travel, information on registration fees, airfare, hotel rates, shuttle/taxi service, parking, meals, etc.), and
- letter of support from supervisor
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
-- EXTENDED Application Deadline: November 11, 2017--
CLICK HERE to download Application
Written Report: Awardees must submit a brief written report summarizing the activity within 30 days of completing the activity/program. After receiving the report, the committee may invite awardees to present at a Staff Senate meeting to share what they learned from the development opportunity.
Please e-mail the completed application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
All funds awarded during this application round must be spent prior to 03/31/2018.
Questions about this application should be directed to: Abby Ehling, email@example.com