Staff Senate Diversity & Inclusion
The Staff Senate D&I Committee is a campus leader on diversity
1. Organizes diversity, equity and inclusion training opportunities for committee members and staff senators
2. Collaborates with standing Staff Senate committees and counterparts in Student, Faculty, and University Senate
3. Represents staff senate in campus and regional committees and workshops around diversity, inclusion, and equity
4. Actively works to recruit a diverse and inclusive senate body through outreach and cooperation with relevant campus offices, departments, and organizations
5. Supports and promotes campus-wide diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
1. Hold Supervisors more accountable through a 360 Review process
2. Collaborate with the (WIT) KU Support system (IOA, Ombudsman, HR, Vice Provost of D&E)
3. Encourage supervisors to promote cultural competency and diversity
4. Review activities of Staff Senate Committees (Legislative Affairs, Personnel Affairs, and Professional Development) related to the employee value proposition to ensure Diversity and Inclusion concerns are addressed.
To learn more about how we are making progress toward these goals, download our year end reports:
Send comments or feedback to the D&I Committee through the comment webform.